WHO WE ARE
The Schools Procurement Unit (SPU) is the central support resource for providing guidance to all primary and post-primary schools (except ETB schools) on any procurement-related issue. The SPU delivers free advice and practical support to schools to help them achieve the best result in their procurement processes and practices.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Give schools access to professionally qualified staff who are highly experienced in public procurement.
- Produce guidance on procurement best practices.
- Update the schools on the latest procurement news relevant to the education sector.
- Assist schools to access contracts for goods and services which have been negotiated centrally by the OGP and others.
- Addressing procurement deficits in the schools – lack of supports and expertise.
- Supporting the imperative for schools to get it right – legally.
- Helping to alleviate the administrative burden in schools.
WHERE WE ARE
Schools Procurement Unit (SPU)
Address: Emmet House, Dundrum Road,
Telephone: +353 1 2035899
Opening hours: 09h – 17h